The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can be found in two locations in Walt Disney World – inside the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney and inside Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom. Both Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques offer the same services at the same prices, and both do a great job of transforming your child into a princess or a pop star.
From the moment your child steps into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, she is treated like royalty. The staff of Fairy Godmothers-in-training works closely with each child to help them create the perfect makeover. Your child can choose her own look, makeup and nail polish colors, and costume. The makeover process is so much fun and the results are spectacular.
Your child can choose from three hairstyle choices (with hair accessories) offered through three different packages (each with a different price tag). Check out the details below:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hairstyle Choices
- Fairy Tale Princess: The ultimate princess look with hair pulled back into a spectacular bun and a tiara perched on top.
- Disney Diva: Less fairy tale and more modern, this hairstyle pulls the hair back but rather than creating a bun, a ponytail hairpiece and hair accessories are added to complete the look.
- Pop Princess: The hair is pulled up with a colorful hairpiece and Mickey Mouse-shaped clips added on top. This look is more punk than pop.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Makeover Packages
- The Coach Package: Includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup and a princess sash for $49.95 (plus tax)
- The Crown Package: Includes everything in the Coach Package plus nails for $54.95 (plus tax)
- The Castle Package: Includes everything in the Crown Package plus the child’s princess gown of choice, a crown, shoes, a wand and a photo package with one 6×8 and four 4×6 photos with a themed holder for $189.95 and up (plus tax – price varies depending on the princess gown and shoes selected)
Exclusive Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Packages
- Disney’s Secret Star Makeover: Available only at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney, this makeover will turn your child into Hannah Montana. The package includes a Hannah Montana wig, a microphone headset, a Hannah Montana guitar purse, a choice of a pink or blue T-shirt, a backstage pass/make-up kit, and a secret star photo shoot with one 6X8 photo for $109.95 (plus tax). You can also add a Hannah Montana costume with a jacket and pants and additional photos to this package if you’d like for an additional cost.
- Cool Dudes Package: Available only at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the Magic Kingdom, this package is just for boys and includes colorful hair gel and confetti for $7.50 (plus tax).
I have to be honest and say that the Castle Package makeovers are incredibly beautiful and create photos and memories to last a lifetime, but I always feel bad for the children who have to wear the costume and makeup all day at the hot Disney theme parks. Also, the later in the day you book your child’s makeover, the less time she has to enjoy wearing it! Those are just a couple of things you might want to consider before you book your child’s princess makeover at one of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques.
Also, keep in mind that children have to be at least 3-years old and must be accompanied by an adult during the entire makeover process. One last note – if you book a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the Magic Kingdom, remember that you’ll have to pay park admission to get in.
You can book a princess makeover at either of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques by calling 407-WDW-STYLE. You can make reservations (highly recommended) up to 180 days in advance, and you’ll need a credit card to secure your booking. Keep in mind, if you cancel your makeover session within 24 hours of the appointment, your credit card will be charged a $10 penalty fee. That’s tough since you never know what might come up during your Disney vacation that might make you want to reschedule.
Bottom line, princess makeovers at Disney’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique are fun and beautiful. Take some time to decide upfront how much you want to spend, what your child would enjoy and how the makeover will affect your vacation plans before you schedule your child’s princess makeover.
Follow the link to read more Walt Disney World Reviews from The Disney Traveler.
Photos: Susan Gunelius